2 years ago I started work on the OCI-AutoScaling script. I wanted to run my workloads on OCI as efficiently as possible. So workloads that I did not need in the evenings or weekends could automatically be turned off orscaled down.
With the new release this OCI-AutoScaling script now support 8 OCI services!
Based on an hourly schedule, configured by a Scheduling TAG, you can initiate the following operations:
- Compute VMs: On/Off
- Instance Pools: On/Off and Scaling (# of instances)
- Database VMs: On/Off
- Database Baremetal Servers: Scaling (# of CPUs between 1 and 52)
- Database Exadata CS: Scaling (# of CPUs between 2 and 400)
- Autonomous Databases: On/Off and Scaling (# of CPUs between 1 and 128)
- Oracle Digital Assistant: On/Off
- Oracle Analytics Cloud: On/Off and Scaling (between 2-8 oCPU and 10-12 oCPU)
- Oracle Integration Service: On/Off
- Load Balancer: Scaling (between 10, 100, 400, 8000 Mbps)*
This script needs to run hourly and you can use an Always Free Compute instance to do this. Here is a youtube video demonstrating how you can implement this: Youtube demonstration video: https://youtu.be/veHbyvDB74A
The full project can be found on github: https://github.com/AnykeyNL/OCI-AutoScale